If you’re coming to skydive with us, you’ll be joining thousands of people every year who choose to jump from an airplane. The US is not only a great place for tandem skydiving, it’s also home to some of the world’s best experienced skydivers too, many of whom compete on a national and international stage.
It’s important when considering what to wear skydiving to remember that it is a sport. That means you need to wear what you’d wear as standard for any sport:
- Comfortable shoes/sneakers/running shoes
- Comfortable trousers (jeans can be a bit restrictive)
Beyond that, there are additional considerations for skydiving specifically:
- Don’t wear shirts with a collar; the collar flaps around in freefall and can be quite uncomfortable
- Don’t wear shoes that you can’t tie tightly; you don’t want to lose a shoe in freefall!
- Don’t wear anything with additional decor or detailing that might rub on you when you wear it under the skydiving harness (so anything with buttons on the shoulders or decoration around the hips would be good to avoid)
As long as you follow these simple rules, you should be set for your jump. On the day of your jump, we’ll also provide you with a skydiving jumpsuit, which goes over your clothes and helps to protect your own clothing against getting dirty when we land.